9.27.2010

Sorry Mario

I try to be a strong, independent person. I aim to be completely self reliant whenever possible. True I depend on others for friendship and love but I do what I can to feed, clothe, provide for myself, lift things, move things, fix things, learn things whenever possible. Sometimes though there is a part of me that just aches for a Fairy Godmother to come down from the fluorescent lighting and just "fix" things or make things better. Make me a new carriage out of a pumpkin. Cast an enchantment on my superiors so they will all adore me and throw money and titles and appreciation for my hard work in my direction. Sell my house for me. Make my next class not impossibly difficult.
 
My rational brain knows none of this will ever happen. That I will have to be personally responsible for every step along the path, every stair along the climb. But my irrational mind keeps up some latent hope that my Stuart Smalley is just beyond the bend, waiting to give me that pep talk. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me.

2 comments:

  1. You voice it very well. I'm sorry that you feel like that.

    I'd like a fairy godmother too. Let's just go with that. At the moment, I don't have any better thing to say than "you will make it and it will feel easier soon". At least that is where my hope is. And if you have friendship and love, there is support there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I'd totally send you this T-shirt to cheer you up if we weren't doing the whole pseudo-anonymity thing. :)

    ReplyDelete