12.31.2009

Storytelling Part I

Something's got me thinking about storytellers. Who do you know that is a great storyteller? Are they young? Are they old? Is it their style that's interesting or the substance of their stories? Is it because the stories are so vastly different from your own experiences or because they are so relatable? Are you interested in the stories based on skill or content alone or is there some motivation of respect for the person outside of them being a great storyteller?

I'm thinking here mostly of hearing a story, not necessarily reading a story. I think storytelling is such a huge part of our culture we don't even realize in what ways people use stories to frame who they are or form relationships with other people. But what makes someone a good storyteller?

2 comments:

  1. WOW, its very easy and nice method and post you share are very helpful for my project of making garden sheds cover. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, its very easy and nice method and post you share are very helpful for my project of making furniture design. Thanks

    ReplyDelete