11.12.2009

Good Signs

The Wall Street Journal reports more people are tinkering. I'm not at all surprised as I've seen much of this myself and think it's a sensible backlash against the financial system's fail, the overabundance of MBAs, and the crashing economy. The question is how much of a positive effect this will have on the economy. I'd like to think a lot. I'd like to think this is the kind of innovation seen at crucial times in history. Though the students are pulling away from the software/internet based economy of the 1990s, that was an important time because of all the cutting edge development and the sudden ability of an individual to start their own company and create and market their own product. So though these students are pulling away from that model in their minds, they are actually benefiting from what lessons we learned about what people are capable of. So I'm excited to see this noted as a national trend. I think this can only mean good things, and better engineers.

No comments:

Post a Comment