I'd like to think my car is fun. Fun to drive and fun also because of all of its "quirks". It's like a person, getting older and getting more and more little issues. Just that the pharmaceutical companies haven't found a way to capitalize on auto-aging (yet). How about a list for fun.
- On cold mornings the heater doesn't work, even after 20 minutes on the freeway. And I'm not talking that cold.
- On hot afternoons, or during periods of idling, the car tries to overheat.
- The passenger side window motor is going out.
- The passenger side window seal is falling off.
- It takes a while to start in the cold or when the tank is low.
- Sometimes the engine won't turn over at all and the key needs to be taken out completely then re-inserted and it will start.
- The car randomly locks itself, sometimes locking people inside.
Too bad there's no overcompensated industry benefitting from all these little ailments. Instead there's only me to appreciate them. As I get a little older, and get called "ma'am" more often, my car gets a little older too.